The following is a list of sources explaining what pedophilia actually is.
- The Neurobiology and Psychology of Pedophilia: Recent Advances and Challenges
- Excerpt: “Pedophilia is defined as an ongoing sexual attraction toward pre-pubertal children (Freund, 1963, 1967; Seto, 2009).”
- A 25-Year Follow-Up of Cognitive/Behavior Therapy With 7,275 Sexual Offenders
- Excerpt: the media defines “pedophile” as “someone who has sex with any minor,” but the clinical definition is “attracted to prepubescent children”
- The Puzzle of Male Chronophilias
- Excerpt: sexual orientation can exist without behavior, and non-offending pedophiles exist
- Estimating the Prevalence of Abusers Among Pedophiles
- Excerpt: an estimated ~90-96% of pedophiles never commit a sexual offence
- Self-Identifications, Sexual Development, And Wellbeing in Minor-Attracted People: An Exploratory Study Mirror
- Excerpt: two studies’ samples contained 57% and 79% non-offenders respectively
- Preventing Sexual Abuse: Perspectives of Minor-Attracted Persons About Seeking Help
- Excerpt: “not all people convicted of sex crimes against minors meet criteria for pedophilic disorder, and not all people with pedophilia have sexually abused a child”
Huge credit to @alwaysbe_kind for compiling this list of sources
Please feel free to discuss this below.