Below is a list of sources about the negative effects of stigma for MAPs.
- Stigma-Related Stress and Its Correlates Among Men with Pedophilic Sexual Interests
- preprint version available for free
- Excerpt: stigma-related stress has many negative effects, including possibly raising the risk of sexual offences
- Self-Identifications, Sexual Development, and Wellbeing in Minor-Attracted People: An Exploratory Study
- Non-Offending Pedophiles
- Stigmatization of people with pedophilia: two comparative surveys
- Excerpt: it’s a moral panic situation and it is bad and unhelpful, and it may raise the risk of sexual offences.
Bonuses: About stigma, but not MAPs specifically.
- Stigma around child sex offenders works against prevention
- Determinants of Punitive Attitudes Toward People with Pedophilia: Dissecting Effects of the Label and Intentionality Ascriptions
- Emotions and Cognitions Associated with the Stigma of Non-Offending Pedophilia: A vignette Experiment
- Stigmatizing attitudes towards people with pedophilia and their malleability among psychotherapists in training
- Stigmatization of People With Pedophilia: A Blind Spot in Stigma Research
- Preventing Sexual Abuse: Perspectives of Minor-Attracted Persons About Seeking Help
- The Stigma of Pedophilia: Clinical and Forensic Implications
- Obstacles to Help-Seeking for Sexual Offenders: Implications for Prevention of Sexual Abuse
Huge credit to @alwaysbe_kind for compiling this list of sources