Below is a list of sources about minor MAPs (minors that are attracted to younger minors).
- Non-Offending Pedophiles
- preprint version available for free
- Excerpt: “Most of the sample became aware of their pedophilic attraction as they matured into adulthood and described the experience as aging while their attractions did not age along with them.”
- Self-Identifications, Sexual Development, and Wellbeing in Minor-Attracted People: An Exploratory Study
- Excerpt: “Despite this later adoption of a minor-attracted identity, participants often first discovered their atypical minor attractions during adolescence. The average reported age of discovery was 15.45 years (SD = 5.67).”
- Youth, Suicidality, and Seeking Care
- Excerpt: In this survey, MAPs’ most common reported age of experiencing their first attraction to much younger children was 12, and the most common reported age of discovering that they were a MAP was 14.
- Potential and Dunkelfeld offenders: Two neglected target groups for prevention of child sexual abuse
- Excerpt: “Sexual body age preference, for example, a preference for a prepubescent body, is generally assumed to manifest itself during adolescence and remain unchanged throughout life.”
- Preventing Sexual Abuse: Perspectives of Minor-Attracted Persons About Seeking Help
- Excerpt: MAPs typically become aware of their sexual interests during adolescence
Huge credit to @alwaysbe_kind for compiling this list of sources
Please feel free to discuss this below.