The purpose of this page is to provide a list of terms and their definitions that one may come across when browsing the articles and pages on this website.
- AoC: Age of Consent.
- AoA: Age of Attraction.
- MAP: Minor-Attracted Person or Minor-Attracted People.
- Anti-contact or anti-c: A Minor-Attracted Person that identifies as anti-contact is someone that is against sexual or romantic adult-minor relationships.
- Non-Offending: A Minor-Attracted Person that identifies as non-offending is someone that does not look at CSEM and does not engage in sexual or romantic relationships with minors.
- Child Sexual Exploitation Material: Commonly referred to by its shortened term of CSEM, this is a more respectful and more accurate term for Child Pornography.
- Paraphilia: the experience of intense sexual arousal to atypical objects, situations, fantasies, behaviors, or individuals (previously known as sexual perversion and sexual deviation).
- Chronophilia: Used to describe a form of paraphilia in which an individual experiences sexual attraction limited to individuals of particular age ranges.
- Nepiophilia: a subtype of pedophilia describing a sexual preference for children less than 5 years old (including toddlers and infants) — sometimes called Infantophilia.
- Pedophilia: a sexual (or romantic) attraction in which an adult or adolescent is experiences attraction to prepubescent minors.
- Pedophilic Disorder: a psychological disorder in which a person meets the criteria for pedophilia, and also either acts upon those urges, or experiences distress or interpersonal difficulty as a consequence. Often abbreviated as PD.
- Hebephilia: sexual (or romantic) interest by adults in pubescent (early adolescent) children (especially those showing Tanner stages 2 to 3 of development), which is typically ages 11-14.
- Ephebophilia: sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.
- Teleiophilia: sexual preference for adults.
- Mesophilia: sexual preference for middle-ages adults.
- Gerontophilia: sexual preference for the elderly.